Monday, January 18, 2010

Homework.

For those concerned I am doing too much pubbing and not spending enough time on academic endeavours, kindly read the following and prepare yourself for discussion:

http://www.cscs.umich.edu/~crshalizi/Mirandola/

Particularly focus on why Pico uses defensive language. Why would this be seen as a radical, offensive idea in the fifteenth century? What implications do Pico's ideas have for the relationship between God, man and nature?

Otherwise, I will continue to skim the dull academic matter and focus primarily on things that are entertaining, like experiences at the pub.

3 comments:

  1. I with you - no more studying comments and have a pint for me! Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I think you need a few more people posting. I know they are out there enjoying your blog. My first comment should have said I'm with you so since I apparently can't type I guess I have no room to question your studying habits. Enjoy and hope you are having a grand time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here!! I am!! I miss you like crazy! I need a bar buddy and a late night chat buddy! Anyways psh hw...who needs it

    ReplyDelete