Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fine Dining

So last night, one of the funniest things yet happened. A bunch of us are sitting around at the Red Lion, a pub with nice cheap mixed drink pitchers, with two British guys and an Australian. So one of the British guys turns to me, and the following exchange occurs:

British guy: So, have you been to the McDonalds here yet?
Me: Er, yes, actually. (What? After a few drinks we wanted Big Macs (Aleks and Alexis) and McNuggets (me). Sometimes you need something other than chips and cheese.)(Chips being fries.)
BG: What did you think of it? Was it different than in the States?
Me: Not really. Although we don't have onion rings at our McDonalds. (Seriously American McDs, get on that.)
BG: Isn't it like a kind of nice, established restaurant over there?
Me: Confused expression, mouth slightly agape.
BG: You know, not just like, shitty fast food?
Me: (In between dying of laughter) Are you being serious?
BG: Yeah, I really thought it was like an actual restaurant.
Me: I'm sorry, I'm not mocking you, but everyone else needs to hear about this.

So I then proceeded to turn and tell all my fellow colonists what had just gone on, to which we all had a good laugh. So. There we have it. Apparently the British think McDonalds is a quality restaurant over in the States.

So we went out last evening, to the Red Lion and then to the Bridge. Perhaps it's better on Monday nights, but I found it to just be kind of expensive and full of creepers. Not my favourite, I like Thirst far better.

No comments:

Post a Comment