Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ack!

My apologies for the relative silence -- sometimes it feels like everything is so day in, day out that there is no sense in posting, and others I just get caught up in it all and neglect my blog.

I went to London for the first time this weekend, and I am, quite frankly, obsessed. I have never thought of myself as someone who would be happy living in a huge city, but I find London to be utterly exhilarating.

I am simply ready for my life to begin -- it seems we, as humans, always get this way when we're on the cusp of a major life change. I remember regarding college as "my life beginning." I suppose what I'm looking forward to is simply more college for the moment, but regardless. I would love to skip this next year and just move to London with Erin now. In reality, I'd like to skip all the scary logistical pain-in-the-ass aspects of moving to London and just get there. But there are graduate schools and scholarships to be applied for, loans to be taken out, visas to be obtained, flats to be rented -- blah. The idea of being (somewhat, hopefully pretty please not until I'm out of graduate school) financially independent is TERRIFYING. But I've come to realise it's coming sooner than I'd like, so I'm making some attempt at managing my money like a big kid.

I even made an excel spreadsheet! If that's not adult, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment