Friday, March 26, 2010

I am...

quite frankly, a shit blogger.

I forget about this thing despite my mother frequently reminding me on my facebook.

I also forget how much of my family reads this thing. So, yeah. Language. Sorry.

Hmm -- what's been on? I am headed to Dublin in about an hour, should be exciting -- new accents, fabulous.

I have a cheerleading competition in a week. Hooray.

Oxford term is over, so we're in our self-contained course now. Oxford term being over means essentially everyone is gone, which I dislike.

I only have three weeks left for now, and while seeing my family will be lovely, I really wish I could stay for the summer term. There are balls, and renting boats and floating down the Thames drinking Pimms & Lemonade (Sprite), and Summer Eights (rowing) and all sorts of fantastic things. I checked to see how much it would cost to push back my flight home, but I'm guessing I cannot talk anyone into paying the $300 for me to push my flight back and then give me money for necessities, like alcohol. I mean food. Food. (Dear family: that was a joke. Please do not slaughter me or send me to rehab. I need neither.)

Looking further into graduate study -- I believe I will apply to Oxford for English, History and Women's Studies (Augh, such feminist connotations. But it would be a good entrance into a Phd/D.Phil in history or english with an emphasis on women -- particularly women in the Tudor era.) and then University College London for Publishing.

Essentially, I am planning to just stay in school forever. Unless I can find someone to pay me for existing.

2 comments:

  1. www.OxfordJazzFestival.com - another reason to enjoy Oxford!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Shigeru.
    I came to Oxford to study this month from Japan.
    Before I came here, I became to love JAZZ and I joined a jazz club in my university in Japan.
    If you are a group who enjoys JAZZ, I would hope to listen and enjoy together.
    I am not so good at English, but I hope you will understand how I like music!
    I will look for another contact.
    lookingforchangesinthewayweare@live.com

    Shigeru Higaki

    ReplyDelete