Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bit (okay much) Better Mood

So, this will be a short post, as it hurts to exist at the moment.

But, I am thrilled to be back into the world of cheerleading -- granted, on the other side of the Atlantic, but fantastic nonetheless.

I'll tell you though, hurling my legs up to my head was a lot easier forty pounds ago -- yikes.

I'm certainly a touch rusty, but cheerleading isn't quite at the same level here as it is in the America -- it's certainly still badass of course, but it hasn't quite reached the level of American cheerleading. I have to learn how to do a "splat," which I'd never heard of, but it's essentially a front tuck where you land on your behind. So I still have to throw my own feet over my head, which has never been my favourite activity -- I much prefer throwing someone else's feet over my head. But I obviously get to do that too.

Which, I believe at the moment my body has grown new muscles so they can hurt.

But I have such an adrenaline rush from it all. They also have socials, so I'm going out with a group of Oxford Sirens this evening.

Quite quite exciting in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment