Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I likely should not be writing a blog at the moment, as it likely will not be witty and therefore terribly dull.

But, I feel like writing a blog, so write I shall.

Upon leaving to study abroad, I was told over and over it would absolutely change my life. I kind of ignored everyone, figuring that there is no way it could have that profound of an effect on me -- I've moved every three years to a new place my entire life, I've experienced quite a bit, the simple act of living in a different culture for a few months wasn't going to have any profound life changing effect.

But it has. Coming over her has opened my eyes to so many different possibilities I feel as if I need to take advantage of, lest I feel I haven't truly lived my life and lived it to my full potential. Unfortunately, the trajectory my life was on wasn't exactly one which would allow me to take advantage of a lot of these opportunities.

So, I had to make some changes. And those changes sucked, continue to suck, and will probably continue sucking for quite some time.

Those changes opened up limitless possibilities, but brought with them anxiety and fear and hurt. For all the new opportunities opened, they are other opportunities that were closed.

I am trying to redefine myself, as, just that, myself. Myself/period/blank space.

I suppose growing pains don't stop when you physically stop growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment